I work for a very awesome Indian family and the lady is an excellent cook. (Just in case anyone want any home made delicious Indian food she does catering ! ). We always chat about cooking and exchange recipes and all. A while back she went back to Indian and bought me back some spices that her mom make from scratch.
I got the idea of this recipe from my mom’s potato pancake. Then its the search of whats in my fridge that I needed to get rid of fast and yup threw everything together.
It taste kind of authentic with the spice, and serve with Raita, an Indian yogurt side dish. (Special thanks again to Shem who taught me how to make that!!! ^^ )
makes 6 ~ 8 pancakes
- 2 medium size sweet potato. mashed
- 1 cup of quinoa. Cooked according to direction
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 1 tbs of curry powder
- 1 tsp of Indian chili powder
- Heat a skillet on medium heat and add coconut oil
- mix all the ingredients together, scoop 2 ~ 3 spoon out and make a ball in your hand. press it down on the skillet with the oil. Pan fried until golden brown (about 3 minutes on each side
For the Raita
- 1 tub (650g) of yogurt
- Half a cucumber
- 1 medium size purple onion
- 1/4 cup of chopped parsley
- Throw all the vegetable in a food processor and chop.
- Mix the vegetable with the yogurt. Add salt and pepper to taste.