I was walkng around my favorite health food store the other day and found Endive for sale. Did I know what it was at the time I bought them ? nope… but it was a good price ><
So when I went home I decided to google what it is and how it is made. Very happy to know that Endives are filled with awesome nutrients.
This only other way besides chopping it and putting it in a salad was something call Endive Gratin. It is usually made with ham and a cream sauce ….
I modified the recipe and it can be modified some more to be completely vegan and gluten free. I just dont mind a little gluten and whatever toxic there is here hehe…
- A package of Endives.
- 4~5 button mushrooms, sliced
- half a cup of whipping cream (the only diary liquid I have
- 1 tsp your choice of starch flour
- as much cheese (or none) as you like
- Boiled the endives in boiling water until soften.
- sautee the mushroom in butter/coconut oil. When the mushroom soften add in starch flour and mix well. Then add cream/your choice of milk. Bring it to a boil and turn off heat when liquid thickens to a cream consistency.
- Place endives in an oven safe deep dish. You can stuff mushrooms and cheese between leaves of the endives or just pour on top. Top up with more cheese.
- Bake in oven at 400F until cheese browned.