So this version of the cabbage roll is a mix of the western cabbage roll with Chinese tofu skin wrap(腐皮卷) with a Korean sauce. Hope you like my fusion version of this healthy cabbage roll !
- One head of cabbage.
- 6 Chinese mushroom
- 8 black fungus (雲耳）
- 2-3 king oyster mushroom
- One cup of chopped butternut squash
- One cup of quinoa
- One table spoon of soy sauce or tamari sauce
- One teaspoon of your choice of sugar
- One teaspoon of seaseme oil
- Half a tablespoon of maple syrup/ honey
- One teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of Korean chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon of your choice f sugar
- 1-3 teaspoon of warm water
- Blanch the cabbage in a pot of boiling water. Then put it in a bowl of cold water. This way the outter leaves will peel off easier
- Peel the outter leaves for the wrapping . Leave the smaller/ ripped pieces for inside wrapping.
- Cook the quinoa according to instructions
- Put the mushrooms, black fungus, and pieces of cabbage all in food processor and let it chopped to fine pieces.
- Heat a pan and add coconut oil. Throw in squash , and other stuffings. Heat until mushrooms are soften
- Turn off heat and mix in quinoa. Add in all the seasoning and mix well
- Take a cabbage leave and start wrapping !
- To make the sauce just mix everything up to a thick but runny sauce. Add on top and enjoy !!!!