One of my favorite pasta sauce and I make it so well ! ( what a snob I am!)
- 1-2 cups of mix mushroom. Chopped. I would use 1 big portables mushroom , a few King mushroom , oyster mushroom , white button mushroom. I usually look for them in the clearance section of the grocery store. There was once I got a huge mixed bag for 1.99!
- 1 small onion. Chopped
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1/2 tablespoon Flour ( can be sub for potato starch or other type of thickening agent. )
- Optional 1 table spoon or more hahha of dry white wine
- Optional 1-2 tablespoon of clam juice
- Garlic salt ( or garlic powder)
- Black pepper
- Fry onion in butter until translucent.
- Sautée the mushroom with melted butter until soft. Add extra butter so there are extra oil in the pan
- Add the tablespoon of flour and mix with the mushrooms until it stick to mushroom evenly
- Add in cream and all liquid except wine.
- Bring it to a boil and add the wine.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper and garlic salt.
- Optional- You can run the sauce through the food processor or leave it. I usually leave it if I am eating it by myself and run it to make it look pretty for guests.
- Pour it on your favorite pasta and serve !